Saturday, May 3, 2014

Baby Steps...

This week my biggest struggle was illness. I'm still not sure if it was a quick case of the flu or food poisoning, but that combined with the cough that just wouldn't let go and my stubbornness to accept that I need to rest and not push myself , created a tough 24-48 hours. It was very difficult for me to stick to any kind of meal plan and I couldn't move enough to get any kind of workout in, I could barely walk around my classroom let alone do lunges or bicep curls!

After my bout of illness, I did make a great diet tip/ discovery. It's so very simple that I'm very disappointed in myself for not having done it earlier. This small change was fruit, yes fruit. Apples, pears and bananas (oh my!) to be exact! All of these wonderful fruits are worth ZERO Weight Watcher points, which I have known, but never really thought about how I could be eating more of those and then needing less of the snacks I have been eating worth 1-3 points. I went to the store and bought more fruit and, TA DA, ate less points each day without feeling super hungry.

Another small change I made this week was upping my water intake. My first major reason was being sick and pushing fluids but I continued this small change after feeling better as well. It's amazing how much better you feel when drinking more water and less pop.

The final change I made was fitness related. I decided to sign up to get re-certified to teach yoga (and maybe cycling) again. Even if it's just subbing at the Y, the extra pressure of being a teacher and wanting to present an image of fitness is a great motivator to get myself to the gym everyday. I also have to keep track of the classes I attend toward my certification, so that's another great incentive to get my act together!

I didn't get to go to Weight Watchers today since I'm out of town and there aren't any meetings here today. I did however (according to my mom's scale) lose a pound this week, so small steps create small changes that result in big progress over time, and progress is good! Happy weekend everyone, take baby steps in the right direction! :)

P.S. I have discovered that I have this awesome four pack but am struggling to get rid of the excess skin, etc. over the lower two of my six pack, thank you to my beautiful three children, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Currently, I think only a tummy tuck would remove it but I'm hoping for a more realistic option! ;)  


No comments:

Post a Comment