Thursday, May 28, 2015

Getting back on track


I wish I could go back about a month or so ago and give myself a good shake, tell myself to breathe, and not start my stress eating. My doctor was not concerned about my sudden and big weight gain, stating that 90% of people gain weight with stress. I'm obviously "normal" and hopeful that food will fill that spot deep down where all my stress and anxiety live... unfortunately, it seems that the more I feed this empty spot, the larger I get which creates more stress. You'd think our bodies (and minds) would be wise enough to know that this strategy is fruitless, I guess the 10% of the population that lose weight with stress have it figured out!?

So I've been struggling with where to start? I tried jumping into the 21 Day Fix Extreme but it was too overwhelming and challenging with us going back and forth to Sioux Falls the past couple days. I also thought of doing the 3 Day Refresh. I'm taking the advise of my husband, and thinking about how I've been successful in the past. The greatest thing that has helped me is Weight Watchers, YMCA classes, and doing the 3 Day Refresh every three months or so.

I had given up on Weight Watchers since I'm moving and am unable to commit the time to helping/ working for the organization. I do, however, need to make the time and get back to meetings and recommit to myself and using the resources they have for members. I will be calling corporate today to get all my technology stuff sorted out and will be at the meeting bright and early Saturday morning.

I also will be rebooting with the 3 Day Refresh and re-commitment to Myfitnesspal.com as well as the 21 Day Fix Extreme videos & getting back into running (mostly because I will be gone so much the next few weeks that I am unable to go to or teach classes at the Y).

The number one thing that I am going to commit to, above all other things, is making time for meaningful prayer and meditation. With the stress of trying to sell/ buy a house, start a new job, and move to a new community, I need that extra time to organize my thoughts, regroup, destress, and allow God to be in charge... all of which is extremely difficult for me.

I posted my favorite prayer at the bottom and here are links to other's blogs about finding time for prayer or prayer for tough times:
Setting up a New Quiet Time Routine
15-bible-verses-for-trusting-god-in-tough-times/
How to pray everyday
How to Pray When Too Busy









No comments:

Post a Comment