Sunday, May 10, 2015

Fitness and Motherhood


When people ask me how much I work out or the time I put into meal planning, it usually has a chord of disdain. Many people look at me or others that spend time daily on their health as selfish and with a hint of jealousy. The problem is that I'm actually being a better mom now that I do take that time to care for myself. I am showing my children that my health and their health are important and need to be continually worked on. They see that I am not perfect and that doesn't mean I throw in the towel, I push through the difficult times and keep moving forward.

Spending time working out doesn't just give my children something to look toward, it also gives me the mental down time I need. It provides me with the opportunity to refocus and to sweat away my frustrations, boosting those endorphins that allow me to have more quality time with my kids! Before I would come home from work stressed, frustrated and ready to snap. My poor kiddos and husband would get the blunt of my build up. Now I look forward to my sweat session after work and come home amped up ready to be with my family.

Start the week off on the right foot, commit to being a mother; loving yourself enough to eat right and workout in order to provide your children a role model and a less stressed, healthy parent.

Someone shared this on fb this week and it hit the mark with me: Fit mom, happy mom


No comments:

Post a Comment