Saturday, November 8, 2014

Goal Achieved!

Today, November 8th will be marked on my calendar as the best day of 2014! After about 10 months of watching what I eat, running, lifting weights, becoming certified to teach aerobic classes and dedicating my self to a new life of taking care of me, I FINALLY reached my weight watcher goal and became a lifetime member!


This morning I was VERY frustrated before going to WW because my scale wasn't showing all the work I had put into this week. I even went for a short run before the meeting just to see if I could make the number move (felt a lot like a wrestler trying to make weight). When I came into the meeting and was asked by the nicest WW leader ever (Ona) how I was doing, I wasn't very positive. I didn't even want to look at the darn scale... but lo and behold, the WW scale was much more kind and supportive. I loved every part of the tiny moment, the hug from Ona, the fight to hold back tears, and the pure elation while thinking about how much time and mental strength I have put into this endeavor.

This would be the point in my past where I would stop and ever so slowly gain back every pound, but not this time! I have every intention of maintaining and possibly even losing a teensy bit more (I'd like to be solidly in my BMI range with no worry of slipping out). I have many safe guards in place:

1) I would love to be a WW leader and to help others on their journey to success, in order to qualify i need to maintain.

2) I am leading a holiday weight loss/maintenance group for the next 8 weeks and definitely want to lead by example (and not lose my money) and plan to, at the very minimum, maintain... a loss would be even better! 

3) I will be subbing more at the Y and may be added to the teaching schedule this winter.

4) My beautiful boys that I love so dearly in one sentence congratulated me for making my goal and in the next encouraged me to run more so that I can get even more "flat". (I did inform them that my goal was to be healthy so I can be around for grandchildren and great-grandchildren... Cooper informed me that he has no interest in having a wife).

5) I purchased a size 6 dress that fits that was not cheap and I plan on wearing it MANY more times to get the full value of the dress! I also intend on purchasing many more new clothes (when the money is available) and have no intention of keeping the clothes that I have grown out of.


Before I end this super exciting post, I'd like to thank my wonderful hubby that has been SUPER supportive and encouraging! I know I couldn't have done it without your help! And to all my friends, family, and coworkers that have lent a listening ear, offered advice and encouragement, thank you (especially my WW leader, Ona)!





No comments:

Post a Comment