Thursday, May 8, 2014

Rebooting my attitude

You know those shock collars you put on dogs to keep them from barking? I think someone should invent one for people like me to keep me from putting unnecessary food into my mouth. Okay, I had to vent that out... that's the last little bit of my pity party which ended just now after I read this great quote:
Now I'm going to reset myself. I have all the tools necessary to make every minute count towards continuing this great journey toward a new me! I have the online and face to face support from Weight Watchers, I just need to utilize the point tracker more, I have a YMCA membership and go almost every day (sometimes twice a day) so yay for that! I also received a fitbit for an early mother's day present and plan on utilizing that to motivate me to move even more and to compete against any friends who also use fitbit, hint, hint! ;)

My wonderful mom bought me a brand new outfit to celebrate my weight loss achievement so far and that was a HUGE mood boost! It definitely gives you an extra hop in your step when you can fit into a smaller size and show off some of your hard work. I need to focus on those accomplishments and not the boo hoo Sally Sue mumbo jumbo that creeps into my mind over and over to tell me that I'm failing and not trying hard enough. I've been down this road many times and my former self would begin to let self doubt take over and the pounds to slowly find their way back onto the scale. Eventually I would talk my way out of attending the gym using numerous excuses and end up back in my fat clothes.

Fortunately I have many more fail safes in place this time. I also have goals that I haven't reached and fully intend to see fulfilled before the end of June. I WILL lose 15 more pounds and I WILL become a fitness instructor and I WILL be a WW leader!! I created a vision board that I look at every morning and try to find a motivational quote to post online to inspire myself and others. I have also made friends at my fitness classes and know most of the instructors. My family is being more supportive and I love that my middle son wants to be in a weight training/ running program this summer (there is no such thing for a six year old but it's cute that he wants to do it). My husband has encouraged me to take the time out of my day to go to the gym and, if possible, watched the kiddos so I can go. I have also done the same for him so he can go run too!

Whew, I feel a lot better than I did an hour ago! Hopefully a full night sleep and a fantastic Friday will continue to push me forward on this path of positive changes!


No comments:

Post a Comment