Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2015 Resolutions




Resolution- a formal expression of opinion or intention made.

After much prayerful discernment, I have decided on two resolutions for the 2015 year.

1) Talking positively about others. This year I discovered that certain family/friends were talking about me in a very negative way. I'm still very hurt by this but will learn to forgive and move on. While I wallowed in self pity, I realized that I need to make sure that I am not doing the same, very hurtful, thing. 

I know that this resolution may be tricky as we all, from time to time, need to vent when others are creating undo stress and frustration in our lives. Therefore I will be doing a lot of mindful journaling, prayer, and running to help refocus when those situations occur.

If you are reading this and are one of my close friends/ family, please do not draw me into gossip. I love to catch up with how people are doing and what others are up to but it's a slippery slope into negativity. 

2) Reach my personal goal weight by March 9th and commit to maintenance. I do have specific goals & benchmarks to ensure positive results. I am no longer keeping pop nor alcohol in my house, I'm not forbidding myself to have either, as this would be a quick path to failure, but if they are not readily available, it is much easier to avoid. Also consistent and diligent tracking will be a must. Following all my own advise will also be a big part of ensuring my own success! 

*If you are creating your own resolutions today, I found this great article about resolutions:

Wishing you all a safe and blessed New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment