Monday, January 5, 2015

Why I hate January!

Okay, hate is a strong word but I greatly, greatly dislike January.
Here are my reasons:
1) It's dark.
2) It's so cold that it hurts to breath the air outside.
3) It's the start of my husband's busy work season meaning single mom mode.
4) The gym is packed.

For all these reasons this months seems to be the LONGEST month of the year. To add fuel to the fire, I also just found out that I have bicep tendinitis... ugh! No weight lifting for awhile and that greatly upsets me! My favorite class is Chisel and now I have to take a break from it... but there is some good news.

I was asked to sub for a cycling/ tabata class starting next Wednesday throughout the legislative session and I am VERY excited to begin. I also signed up for a weight loss challenge at the Y, I have until March 9th to lose 13 pounds. I am very excited knowing that my final goal is so close and then I can work on maintenance!

Although I still exceedingly dislike January, I am going to focus on my silver lining.

I'd also like to give a huge shout out to all my friends and family that joined me in my Holiday Survival Challenge. I was so impressed and excited that so many maintained or lost weight during the tough holiday season!



No comments:

Post a Comment