Saturday, January 10, 2015

Struggle and Success

Happy Saturday!

This week was full of high stress and ended with elated joy. The great tundra of South Dakota, in which I call home, was more arctic feeling than normal. The below zero temps and return to school meant indoor recesses and the feeling of cabin fever. Despite the harsh conditions, I stuck to my guns and recorded every bite that I ate on my weight watcher's app and on myfitnesspal.com. I worked out every day and was even blessed enough to teach my first cycling/tabata class.

Yesterday I was very frustrated as I stepped on the scale and it revealed I had gained weight despite all of my efforts. Many negative thoughts crossed my mind; Should I give up?  Are all my efforts in vein? Have I reached a point in which I cannot lose anymore? Why try so hard if nothing is going to change? Is it worth it?  Does anyone even care or read this anymore? Should they? Needless to say I am constantly looking at the worst case scenario and need to work staying positive.

I also struggled emotionally this week due to our family's four year battle to sell our home in Aberdeen. We are so close to selling it to a lady that has been renting but keep running into snags. When it comes down to it, we will have lost a considerable amount of money but we are getting closer to having a huge weight lifted off our shoulders.

My hard work did, however, pay off. This week was definitely a lesson in patience and perseverance. I did finally make my lifetime membership status at Weight Watchers and cannot express the relief and elation I feel. I also think of my year long journey to a healthier me and the four year journey toward selling our house and know that it's God's doing. He has shown that only through tribulation can you experience joy and comfort in overcoming obstacles.

To those of you working hard for a goal, weight loss or otherwise, remember that there are no quick fixes and that success is journey not a destination.
WW Lifetime Member


33

No comments:

Post a Comment