Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Looking for the Humor

Sometimes it can be a struggle to find a reason to laugh when you are feeling stressed.Whether it's from a busy holiday schedule, overwhelmed at work or home, or just the general everyday stress of saying no to unhealthy temptations and fitting in fitness, it can get to be too much! This is the moment when you need to take a moment and laugh.

Yesterday I found more than a couple reasons to laugh at myself. One, I received a beautiful sweater from a friend. It has a cowl collar but it didn't look/ feel right when I put it on. My wonderful husband tried to help me figure out what I was doing wrong, but to no avail. It didn't look bad but I knew something was off so I went to school and found a coworker who I knew could help me out. She attempted to fix the collar and was looking at the collar and shirt and then started to laugh and said we needed to head the bathroom. Well, I had the shirt on upside down, I didn't even know you could do that with a shirt! I now know where my boys get their genetic predisposition to wearing their shirts backwards, ha! :)  Needless to say I was a little embarrassed but, more so, thought it was hilarious!

This past weekend I also got a little overwhelmed with my kids as we toured our state capitol and the beautiful Christmas tress that are set up inside. They were running around and climbing on things and when we finally got them outside they began to chase the geese. Typically, I'd be worried about what other visitors may think of my kids running after the geese or stress about all the goose poop that will be all over their shoes, instead I laughed to myself as I watched all three of them running, giggling, and having the time of their lives.

Tying into my theme of humor today, I loved the new Weight Watcher commercial. I read a lot of negative comments about the cute ad but truly enjoyed and related to the advertisement. It's true that many people eat their emotions and I know that it is very sad but as Micky Mouse said, "To laugh at yourself is to love yourself." We need to look at ourselves with joy and love and grow from our experiences. Watch the commercial, laugh, realize that you are NOT the only one that eats your emotions, and learn new and more meaningful ways to express your emotions. For me, I love to write or talk to a friend/ family member, read books with my kids, or play games... all of which require absolutely NO calorie consumption! :)

Enjoy the upcoming Hump Day and take a moment to laugh!





No comments:

Post a Comment