Sunday, June 1, 2014

If the pants are getting snug, something must be done!

It's really about the food and I can attest to that fact! The 20 pounds that I have lost since January was thanks to changing my eating habits and following Weight Watchers. Starting in March I joined the YMCA and aerobics classes on a regular basis (4-6 times a week). I lost many inches and toned my body in a way I have never done before. I love working out but lost sight of consistently tracking my nutrition. I seem to be on a weekly roller coaster of doing awesome tracking to giving up and eating whatever. It's taken a few weeks but the scale has finally reflected my poor decisions. It has been at a standstill since April but now it's moving in the opposite direction... up. :(

My wake up call was not just the scale, unfortunately, this morning I put on my favorite newer pair of jeans and they were a bit tight. Not the "too tight to wear" tight, but definitely the "little uncomfortable to bend over in" tight. Those tight pants were just what I needed to snap out of my, "I'm doing just fine" funk! I can't be motivating anyone else if I'm not willing to put in the work, motivate, and push myself farther. I still have about 15 pounds to lose and I can't be satisfied with where I am at.

Tonight I started the 30 Day Ab Challenge
(https://www.facebook.com/events/1426424270959723/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming)
 and the 30 Day Buns, Guns & Abs Challenge (https://www.facebook.com/events/1444809585761364/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming).
I also will be on the road this week but will be pre-packing some healthy snacks and lunches to keep me on track. I know that we are going to be in the cities this weekend so I also looked up when and where local Weight Watcher meetings take place and plan to attend to keep me accountable for the week. I took some new pictures and measurements today and decided that today's picture is the new "before" picture for my weight loss. I can't wait to post it next to the "after" picture in a few weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment