Friday, April 18, 2014

No Excuses!

Good Morning on this chilly Easter Friday! I would like to send out a huge thank you to social media, I know that sounds silly but it helped me out a lot yesterday! I haven't been feeling very well, just really run down and some cold like symptoms, and yesterday was a very busy day. My husband had to run to Rapid for work and I was left without a vehicle and in charge of picking up our kids at the end of the day. At lunch time, before I knew I'd be vehicle-less, I had put on facebook that I'd be going to a Chisel class at 4:15 p.m. As the day wore on, I felt less and less upbeat & healthy, I discovered the van was still in the shop, and my workout buddy bailed on me (don't worry, I don't hold it against you). All these reasons led me to decide that it wasn't going to work for me to go to the class and I was okay with that.

The closer it got to 3:45 pm the more I realized how guilty I'd feel that I had put on fb that I was going to workout and then didn't, albeit for good reasons but they were just excuses, I could make this work! I decided that I'd walk to the Y, leave class by 5pm and walk/jog to go and pick up Natalie at daycare and the boys at the school. I still didn't feel well but got a mood & energy boost from the brisk air on my walk to the Y. The class was good and I got out of there on time but underestimated how long it would take me to get my stuff together and to walk home after doing that many squats. :)
I finally got home to grab the stroller and realized I'd really have to push myself to get to both places before 5:30, so I ran/ jogged carrying the stroller to go get Miss Natalie and then she had a fun sprint ride on the way back to get the boys. Needless to say, I did it, I got all the kids by 5:30 and was home shortly after.... and exhausted!

I know that some may think that I'm bragging or rubbing it in when I use social media to say when I'm going to workout, however, that is NOT my intention at all!! My goal is and always has been to motivate myself and others. It worked for me yesterday and, hopefully, has worked for some others to get up and get moving, to take care of their body! This push I've given myself this week has helped me to shed 3 more pounds, only 5 pounds from my goal #1. Hoorah! I'll let you know more about my progress tomorrow after my WW weigh in. Today my plans are for a Spin Class at the Y and some running as well as staying in my WW points for the day. Make everyday count!


No comments:

Post a Comment