Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter!

What a great way to start the Easter weekend! Yesterday morning I got up and packed for the long weekend of traveling. I then ran down to Weight Watchers to weigh in before leaving town. I was so happy that I had gotten rid of 4 more pounds, bringing my total since January to 22 pounds gone forever!

I can tell that many habits have been made thanks to the great support that I receive from my leader, Ona, and all the members at WW as well as the positive encouragement I receive from others at the YMCA. I also made it throughout this Lent season without any pop. I can tell I have made these new habits when yesterday I decided to pre-pack some healthy snacks (weight watcher snacks, cheese sticks, apples). I also made sure to pack some WW pretzels in my purse to have during the circus and successfully avoided eating the enticing treats the circus offers.Last night ended with a great walk with one of my sisters and some long overdue conversation!

I can't wait to celebrate this beautiful holiday with all my family today! I just have to remind myself that the holiday is about Jesus dying for our sins and rising to new life. It's not about eating as much junk and food as I can. It's about spending time with family, enjoying conversation and making memories.

Enjoy your Easter! He is risen!



No comments:

Post a Comment