Monday, October 6, 2014

Try too Hard

Another year has passed and I believe I am the healthiest and strongest I have ever been. I can't wait for another year of becoming stronger, healthier and a better self. Part of being a better me is realizing that I can not and will not ever be perfect. I am constantly trying to be a wonderful mom, wife, teacher, friend, motivator, sibling, daughter, etc. and it is EXHAUSTING! Tonight, at Chisel class, I felt very empowered as I watched myself in the mirror lift 20 pound dumbbells and that feeling was elevated when, while stretching, we listened to Colbie Caillat sing "Try."( Colbie Caillat - Try) My interpretation of the song was that I do not need to try to impress others, keep up with others or even to make everyone happy. I need to focus on making myself happy and to love myself.

I know that most people do resolutions at the beginning of a new year, however, this is the beginning of my thirty second year of life so I feel it's the perfect time. I am devoting this year to not only reaching the mid-range of my BMI and staying there, but also to intentionally not worry about what others are thinking about me. This is going to be a HUGE challenge but I will be searching out ways to achieve this goal. I have always wanted to be loved and accepted by everyone but realize that the only person that I truly need love and acceptance from is myself, and this is the year that I find ways to do that!





No comments:

Post a Comment