Saturday, October 18, 2014

Wake Up and Smell the Pumpkin Spice!


I have made an observation lately through my fitbit & nike friends and just general social media-ess, people are starting to slow down on their healthy living! I get it, it's Autumn, days are getting shorter and cooler and the holidays are just around the corner. The problem is this is the most important time to amp up your healthy living habits.I also know that Autumn means holidays and many of us are already into holiday mode, especially with all the yummy fall food. First of all, it is a holiday, not holi-week or holi-month (love that saying)! Second, if you would really like to enjoy the great tastes of the season, perhaps try some new, healthy recipes (Healthy Recipes). My other hopefully, helpful tips include;

*Get out and enjoy beautiful colors by going on a walk, run, or bike ride.
*If it's too cold, and you can't tolerate bundling up to enjoy it, maybe invest in a workout video or gym membership?
* Host Thanksgiving or Christmas. I know, you're thinking, "Katie, you're nuts, that will raise my stress level and make me eat more," but if you are able and willing to host you get to be in control of the menu. You can make healthier dishes and send all the left overs home with visitors! Plus, think of all the extra calories you'll burn cleaning your house in preparation for the big day!

The most important thing is to get a grip on your eating habits. I have to give myself a little shout out, I have been working really hard to get back on track with healthy eating and tracking my food and it's finally paying off again! I am down a total of 27.4 pounds since January! I am only one pound away from becoming a lifetime member of WW and have every intention of applying to be a leader as soon as I hit my goal! If I can find the time to focus on tracking, healthy eating and working out, you can too!! Make a goal today to help you get through this season of temptations, wake up and smell that pumpkin spice. :)


I did NOT make this picture but I love the saying and know that the word STRENGTH is spelled incorrectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment