Monday, October 20, 2014

Is this sustainable?

While squeezing in a quick run this evening, I had the passing thought, is this lifestyle sustainable?

My husband and I are both on this journey for healthy living and I have to say without his support pushing me to do my best I am not so sure that I could say yes. We have completely transformed our lives; we don't go on gas station runs for late night snack cravings, we don't have potato chips and other junk food in the house, we have a constant supply of fruits and veggies to munch on, James gets up most mornings to run, I go most evenings to a class or on a run, we sign up and look forward to races... it's all great but I have the nagging feeling in the far reaches of my mind haunting me with habits of the past. How easy would it be to stop working out and to start watching mindless T.V. like I used to do or to sit and eat my stress away?!?

I am SO close to my goal and now I have the fear creeping in, I've been this close before and slowly gained it all back... slipped right back into old, unhealthy habits. I know that this fear will always be there but I have to decide whether I am going to cave into this feeling or to utilize this fear to push me forward to not only meet my goal but to also maintain!

How do I know I can do this? The only certainty in life (other than eventual death & taxes) is that there is no certainty. However, I can make sure the cards are stacked in my favor. I have a support system in my family, my kids and husband are supportive and participants in this healthy lifestyle. I have successfully completely my instructor certificates for yoga, step aerobics, and cycling which means that I will be teaching classes and have people that look to me for support and advise. I have this blog of my journey with numerous followers that have messaged me their support, their own personal triumphs, and seeking advise... if I start to turn back to my former unhealthy habits, I will not only be letting myself down, I will also be letting my "team" of people down.

That was just the self pep talk I needed and hopefully will encourage some of you. Know that it is possible, it is a lot of hard work but with enough self determination, faith, and support WE can do it!




No comments:

Post a Comment