Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Sometimes you need to be quiet and listen.

My head has been spinning for the past week trying to decide where to go next on this journey for a new me. As noted earlier, I did the Refresh through beach body and had success. I believe that success would have stuck had I not been starting back to school that week (I know, excuses, excuses) and I have greatly appreciated the support that I have been getting from various beach body coaches (thank you Chanelle and Megan)! This has put me into a sticky situation, do I continue on with my beloved Weight Watchers which helped me to shed 20 pounds from January through May (and then to maintain since I was only faithful to it about 50% of the time this summer) or do I start on a new journey with beach body?

I have a little anecdote that I believe was God answering my question (yes, I believe God talks to me but that sometimes I have a difficult time listening). Today was a jam packed day of fun and anxiety and with my husband on the road I decided to take the kids on a walk tonight to get some kind of activity into my day. Within the first block, Cooper had fallen off his scooter and skinned his knee and then again in the next two blocks. He would get upset, brush it off and keep on going. I also had Miss Natalie wanting to get out of her stroller to go and play. Needless to say, it was a true sense of patience. When we returned home I put the kids to bed and was rocking Natalie and thinking about the saying that if you pray for patience you will receive opportunities to learn patience. In that instance, it hit me, I have been thinking about what I need to do next to progress in my fitness journey when those opportunities have already been presented to me. I have support groups (Weight Watchers and the beach body support groups), I know what I need to do but haven't been fully committing and then been frustrated that nothing is happening. 

So what is my plan?!? I am going to dedicate the entire month of September to my first support group, Weight Watchers. The encouragement that I have received from Ona's meetings and other members stories are what got me to where I am. I need to recommit and follow through EVERY DAY!!! Not just in the morning or just Monday through Thursday... but I am pledging here and now that I will be sticking to my 26 points EVERY SINGLE DAY for the rest of September. I will record it all and see how my body responds. Since I do work out quite a bit I will add in more protein and, possibly, protein shakes such as the shakeology shakes BUT I will also track them on the WW website and myfitnesspal.com. I am going to give it my all and if I still do not see any progress, I will reassess my options to achieving my goals. 

I will also be obtaining my certifications this month to teach step aerobics, yoga, and cycling. This may provide opportunities to make a little extra income while working out (always a positive) and then some extra spending money for more clothes, fitness clothes, and home decorations! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment