Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Quit It

Everyday you are faced with options. What should I eat for breakfast? Should I have that donut in the workroom? Should I skip lunch? Should I go to the gym, run, or ride bike? Or should I make an excuse?!?

I have seen on social media more and more negativity and so many excuses!! Tonight I watched one of my favorite shows, Extreme Weight Loss, and watched as two people completely lied to Heidi and Chris (the trainers). It made me SOOO very angry for a few reasons. One, they are being given a once in a life time opportunity that many people would love to have. Two, I know people who do this on a daily basis... lie/ make excuses to justify behaviors, whether health related or not. I try very hard to avoid it but know that I slip up once in awhile. I injured my shoulder and complained about it and allowed it to be my excuse. Are you one of those people that are out their lying and making excuses? Maybe not to other people like on the show, but to the person looking back at you in the mirror? We are told how important it is to love and respect yourself and yet many of us (me included) continually allow ourselves to talk ourselves out of a workout or into eating unhealthily. "I'll only eat this one piece of chocolate," or, "I will only have this one cheat meal," or, "I can only have fun at this party if I drink and enjoy the food." I know sometimes I hear myself saying, "I will work out tomorrow," "I'm too tired to go for a walk today," "I have too many other things to do."

NO MORE LIES!! NO MORE EXCUSES!! You are TOO important to do that to yourself! Remember that you are in control of your daily choices, choose the truth! Nobody will care about your excuses but they sure will be impressed by your progress!


No comments:

Post a Comment