Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The Sound of Hunger

Well I finished up my 3 Day Refresh through beach body. I discovered many pros and cons to the three day fast. I'll start with the cons; I was HUNGRY, VERY HUNGRY! The shakes and veggies would give me a short reprieve from my stomach pains but for the majority of the refresh, I was wanting a little more to eat. The calorie total for my three days was right around 1000 calories and 16 WW points. I drank about a gallon of water each day but still had a massive headache, most likely from the caffeine withdrawal. With that little fuel in my body it wasn't recommended to do any cardio which I understand. My issue was that I was already crabby from being SUPER hungry and my go-to for uplifting a bad mood is working out. So I did fit in a bike ride, walk, and aerobic class... very naughty, I know. I did listen to my body and took breaks when needed and filled back up with more water. I also had a horrific head fog, not good when working on getting my classroom ready in preparation for the beginning of the school year!

The pros of the Refresh; I realized how much more water I need to be drinking. I know I don't quite need a gallon of water every day but I do actually think that I need much more than 8 cups. I hadn't quite been getting 8 cups before the 3 days but now will be starting my day with a tall glass of cold water and bringing a lot of icy cold water to school with me every day. Another pro was the shakes, I had the chocolate shakeology shakes with a half a banana and the vanilla with strawberries added. I was very nervous about the shakes since others had told me they didn't like them. I really did like the flavor and the short boost of energy they provided. I don't think I'd use them as a meal replacement, maybe breakfast but not lunch or supper, but I would definitely use them for a post workout snack. I also discovered a great recipe for a cucumber salad (it was provided in the booklet for the Refresh). It was very delicious and I will be using it as a side dish in the near future! The last and most important benefit I received from doing this program was the self confidence I gained by completing the program. I resisted the ice cream that my family enjoyed (I went on a walk instead) and snack food that was left over at our house. Despite being a crabby bear, I did it without giving up!

The best part were the results, I lost 8 pounds and 4 inches in the past 3 days. I know, I know, it will most likely all come back very quickly. The good thing is that I drank A LOT of water so I didn't lose all water weight and, I'm hoping, that I can pull it together and refocus on my goals. With this mindset, understanding I may put some back on but knowing that I've cleared my body of bad things, I can move forward with a healthier mind and body. Would I recommend the Refresh? Right now I'd say it's worth a try if you're willing to give up three days of body and mind activity, knowing you will be hungry and crabby. Ask me again in about a week, once I can determine if the results "stick"!




No comments:

Post a Comment