Sunday, August 10, 2014

It's the little things

I wouldn't call this week a win in the weight loss front but I wouldn't call it a loss either. I haven't really moved from that wonderful number on the scale but I have taken notice of other changes. I had to run to the grocery store a couple times this week to pick up a few impromptu items. As I was coming back from one of these excursions I got to thinking about how all I had gotten was the yogurt that I had needed, grapes and bananas. Five months ago, heck, even four months ago, if I had to run to grab a couple items from the grocery store, I would never have left without buying myself a candy bar and pop to enjoy on the trip home (before the kids would see it, of course).

I had surprised myself with my realization that I was taking better care of myself (and my family) without purposeful intention. It took absolutely no internal dialogue and/or will power to tell myself that I didn't need a chocolate treat. There IS hope! Permanent life style changes can happen, it just takes time and commitment!

Knowing that I can change helps me to move into my next phase, nutrition, specifically eliminating pop for the zillionth time as well as limiting alcohol, sugar, artificial sweeteners, and processed foods. I have also taken notice that I have developed a new, not so great habit. Most people make sure to eat less than they would in front of large groups and then binge in the privacy of their own homes. I, on the other hand, have recently developed the opposite problem. Apparently, my subconscious has justified eating double, sometimes triple what I would usually eat when I am in social situations. "Normal" people would be worried that they may appear to be glutinous but, for some reason, I've allowed social situations to be my excuse to let loose and to eat the way I used to in the privacy of my home. I have to retrain my thought process and need to do this to get over this slump and to finally reach my goal.













I look forward to the day when I am able to focus on maintenance and toning. I know that day is right around the corner as long as I don't lose focus. I must remember, slow progress is still progress!


No comments:

Post a Comment