Thursday, August 21, 2014

School Year + Exhaustion = No Will Power

This week has been wonderful, stressful, and all around crazy. The pros of school starting up are numerous. I love being back in the school with all of my coworkers and the wonderful kids. I enjoy sharing my passion for math and science and creating lessons that make learning exciting. I also greatly enjoy that the day zooms by and I barely have time to sit down let alone mindlessly eat... that is until about 6pm. The minute I get home I am a starvin' Marvin and ravage anything and everything. We currently have very little in our home so I have been binging on sunflower seeds, graham crackers, popcorn, and diet pop. I know, why am I drinking diet pop again?!? Arg... I have been drinking WAY more water and that has helped a great deal. 

So how did this happen? Change in routine, over exhaustion, brain/ thoughts going a hundred miles an hour, too many things to accomplish and not enough time to finish it all! I feel like I spend so much time at the school and yet there are others who are there even longer and then I feel conflicted. Is is bad that I leave once a week by 4pm so that I can go to my favorite workout class? I'm there more than 9 hours most days?!? I go in many Sunday evenings during the school year and bring things home to work on? I am also starting to worry about my graduate courses and how  I'm going to fit those in as well as take care of my family and myself. I really don't want to see all my hard work toward my health to go down the drain due to stress.

How can I manage it? My ideas for starting fresh next week are to schedule in my workouts and to always have a plan b. I also need to make sure to pre pack healthy snacks and lunches to keep at work so I don't come home famished! I need to also spend part of Sunday pre planning evening meals, maybe that will help me to avoid binging on foods that I don't need or want to eat. Or I could plan my workouts for the evenings when I have been vegging on the couch mindlessly munching away... but I'm so tired... I will have to force myself to go to bed earlier and whatever doesn't get done... doesn't get done.
Okay, now to head to bed and set my plan in motion. (YAWN).


No comments:

Post a Comment