Monday, March 28, 2016

Struggles and New Beginnings

Happy Easter! He has Risen!



Spring time is such a blessing. I love this time of year when we can receive five inches of snow and two days later we're walking around in short sleeves and sandals enjoying the green grass again!

I am trying really hard to focus on positives and not continue on this path of self destruction. I hope the rejuvenating springtime will be my inspiration and motivator. Currently, I struggle with my inner voice and its constant need to see all things negative. It's like a road block in my mind, not allowing me to access my positive voice that can remind me of how I DO have the knowledge, strength and ability to increase my will power, eat healthy, work out wisely, and overcome all current obstacles. 

I have brief reminders of the supportive mindset. Saturday I pushed myself and got up early to go to a 90 minute spin class. Today I went on two longer walks to ensure I met my step goal. Tomorrow I have set up two times to workout, early morning and evening. I started my nutritional counseling and I HAVE to record what I eat and pay attention to food labels; calories, fats, fiber, protein, etc. I will continue to work on asking for more help through prayer and within my support network (and to allow their help). I just pray that I have cracked the door to my more effective self talk and all other efforts will knock down the whole damn door! 

April is going to be my best month in a long time (says my positive voice), good bye March madness!




No comments:

Post a Comment