Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Getting Ready to Travel



Yesterday was not a great day. No need to get into details, but I am ending the day in pain and worrying about many things. To add to my list, we are leaving for our family vacation tomorrow AND we have to have our house ready for an open house on Thursday. Needless to say, I need a vacation but would really just like two solid days of sleep, uninterrupted. 

Since that's not an option, I chose to make some good decisions for the weeks to come, trying to boost my mood a bit. We are going to be putting in over 3,000 miles so I wanted to make sure I have some healthy snacks (see picture below). I am also starting my training for the Sioux Falls Half Marathon, so I will be packing my running shoes and taking mini runs as much as I can. Fortunately, all the hotels we're staying in have fitness centers and I'll be bringing a couple workout videos, so I should be set! I'm also very excited for one leg of our trip is camping in the Ozarks, so hiking is definitely in my future as well!

My travel goodies: grapes, peppers, eggs, tuna, protein powder
Today I am hoping to get an evening run in and start my vacation off right with making many healthy food choices. I'd write more but have a ton to do in not a lot of time... Have a great Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment