Friday, August 5, 2016

Life IS Good!

I apologize for the delay in writing. It's been a crazy month filled with daily chaos leading us to our new home in Indiana. Now that routines are being developed with school, work, soccer practice, etc. my mind is able to begin to sort things out. We have moved to a suburb of Indianapolis that is absolutely beautiful. I have discovered wonderful parks, trails, and a community center. I feel like I am finally able to get back into a normal workout routine and create healthy meals for my family and I. So far the kids seem to be adjusting okay and I am able to give them more attention without the added pressure/ focus of getting ready for another school year. I'm so truly grateful that my husband was promoted to this national position that allows me to focus on family.

There are a few other things that have helped me to start back on the healthy path. First of all, I decided to up my fitbit step goal to 12,000. I wanted to make sure that I had extra motivation to get up and moving each day! It definitely helps that our home is in the country and has a very large yard, plus the riding mower is broke... therefore more steps. The extra land has also helped with steps when the kids want to go explore.

I also joined a couple of great gals in snap chatting our meals and workouts to hold each other accountable. It has helped me A LOT this week! I made sure to stock up on all the staples last weekend before starting the challenge. Usually it's difficult when buying bulk produce because it goes bad so quickly, fortunately James and the kids are taking lunches to work/school which puts the produce to great use.

There are other decisions that I have made to ensure success. I chose the recreation center I joined because it offers a free nursery for the kids to go to while I work out. It also offers a variety of classes which I'm hoping will get me back into the shuffle of things and, eventually, back into teaching spin, step, etc. August looks to be off to a great start! I'll also be posting daily to hold myself accountable. Until tomorrow... God's blessings! <3




No comments:

Post a Comment